Important information for EU applicants
Following the outcome of the EU Referendum, we understand that many of our EU applicants will have questions and concerns. Birmingham has provided a list of Freqently Asked Questions, which will be updated as soon as further information becomes available. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our best to help.
Computer Science at Birmingham
We offer a variety of undergraduate degree programmes in disciplines allied to computer science, software engineering, and artificial intelligence:
- BSc Computer Science
- MSci Computer Science
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science with Business Management - will no longer run from 2018 entry onwards
- MEng Computer Science and Software Engineering
- BSc Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership with PwC - New Programme
New modules for 2018 entry
We have an exciting new curriculum planned for 2018. Please see here for more information.
Degrees in Computing and another subject
- The BSc degrees are three year programmes
- The MEng/MSci degrees are four year programmes. An MEng/MSci is a Masters level qualification that provides alternative to the traditional BSc + MSc route. The MEng/MSci qualifies you for LEA funding in the fourth year, which means that you can gain a Masters level qualification at potentially a lower cost to you
- The BSc and MSci degrees in Computer Science are both available as a four year programme with a Year of Study Abroad
- All of our undergraduate degrees are available with a Year in Industry
- The school also offers an Year in Computer Science, which offers students the opportunity to take a one year break from their main degree programme to study a year in our School
Careers and Employability
Our School has strong local and national relationships with major industry players from the public and private sector, and 94% of our students go into graduate employment (DLHE Survey 2015/16). We have extensive student support services to help you refine your career options. We hold specialist careers fairs throughout the year and have a wide network of links that can help you to secure a year in industry, a placement and ultimately a graduate position. You can see what our graduates say here.
Undergraduate fees and finance
The tuition fees for 2017 entry have been set at:
£9,250 for Home/EU students
£19,710 for International students
2018 tuition fees will be announced shortly.
Keep in touch
- School news and events
- Join our Applicant Facebook group and chat to current students and alumni about life and study in Computer Science at Birmingham