The School of Computer Science offers scholarships and bursaries for students wishing to study for an undergraduate degree in a Computer Science subject. Scholarships are awarded to students who have, or expect to achieve, excellent academic results and are available to students in the following programmes:
- BSc Computer Science
- BEng/MEng Computer Science and Software Engineering
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
- BSc Computer Science with Business Management
- MSci Computer Science
Home/EU Students Only:
For students beginning their studies in Autumn 2013, we are are offering two types of scholarship:
- Outstanding Achievement Scholarship: £2,000 award, conditional on achieving A*AA (or above), excluding General Studies & Critical Thinking. You will automatically receive this scholarship if you meet our criteria.
- Merit Scholarship: £1,000 award, given for exceptional performance. These awards are decided in a competitive process once we have received all our applications, and are therefore decided later in the admissions cycle.
To be considered for either of these awards you need to have made Birmingham your Firm choice by 1st August 2013.
To be eligible for any of the above scholarships you will need to attend one of our Applicant Visit Days where you will be interviewed by an academic member of staff and sit an aptitude test.
International Students Only:
View the full range of Undergraduate International Scholarships
General University Scholarships:
Please visit our University Scholarships website for information about general financial support regarding bursaries, grants and scholarships.