Module 06-27110 (2019)
ICY Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Level 1/C I
|Leandro Minku||Semester 2||10 credits|
This module provides a general introduction to artificial intelligence, its techniques, and main subfields. The principal focus of the module will be on the common underlying principles, such as knowledge representation, search, and learning.
The aims of this module are to:
- Provide a general introduction to artificial intelligence, its techniques and its main subfields.
- Give an overview of key underlying ideas, such as knowledge representation, reasoning, search, and learning.
- Demonstrate the need for different approaches for different problems.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Discuss the major issues and techniques in a variety of sub-fields of AI, such as vision, robotics, natural language processing, planning, probabilistic reasoning, and machine learning.
- Compare common AI techniques, describing their strengths and weaknesses.
- Apply a variety of standard AI techniques to simple examples.
- 06-27112 - MSc Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Large Group Lectures and Exercise Classes
Sessional: Assessments: 1.5 hr Examination (70%) Continuous Assessment (30%)
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hr Examination (100%)
- Overview of AI terms and concepts
- Self-Organising Systems
- Search Algorithms
- Learning Algorithms
- Examples of applications
Programmes containing this module
- BSc Year in Computer Science