MSc in Computer Science 
Please read the notes below the module table.
WARNING: Programme descriptions for future academic years are subject to change.
Follow the link from the module code to see the full Syllabus Page for each of the modules taught by the School of Computer Science.
(Any links to modules taught outside the School are to the Academic Office web site, and may not work.)
Students take the following modules to an overall total of 180 credits.
- This module is particularly suitable for non-CS students.
- This module is particularly suitable for more advanced students.
- Students who already have significant experience of object oriented programming and wish to substitute alternative modules for 06 06994 Software Workshop will be allowed to do so providing they obtain sufficiently high marks, as determined by the School, in an optional programming test at the start of the academic year. Students who take 06 06994 Software Workshop will take 06 06997 Project - Conversion MSc and must pass the workshop module before being allowed to proceed to the project. Students who do not take 06 06994 Software Workshop will take 06 18159 Project (Comp Sci - MSc).
- Not all options may be available in any particular year. Some option combinations are only available if the timetable permits. As students may have to make preliminary option choices before timetables are available, changes may be needed later if there are clashes. In selecting options, students need to pay attention to pre- and co-requisites.
- Students' individual programmes of study must be approved by the Programme Director (as the nominee of the Head of School).