- Meeting room bookings
- Research students FAQ wiki
- Conference travel applications to the Research Committee
- School seminar series
- Health & safety
- Monthly supervision records - GRS2: pdf | doc
- Development needs analysis (DNA): pdf | doc
- Old version of DNA form, if you prefer (GRS1A): pdf | doc
- RSMG1 : pdf | doc
- RSMG forms : pdf | doc
The Graduate School
The University Graduate School works on behalf of research students at the University to ensure the best possible research and educational environment.
The Research Student Administration (RSA) team, part of the University Graduate School, are responsible for maintaining the central University records for all research students, requests for leaves of absence and extensions through to the submission and examination of your thesis. They maintain online administrative information relating to research students. Contact them here.
Codes of Practice etc.
University regulations, codes of practice etc. can be found through the Research Student Administration web page.
Here are some of the most important.
Code of Practice on the Supervision and Monitoring of Progress of Research Students sets out who is responsible for what, including (Section 6) some of your own responsibilities.
Code of Practice for Research sets out the general principles for conducting research in a proper and ethical manner.
The University's Data Protection Policy
- Various computing policies
Other University links
- The University's Ethical Review process, including link to the on-line Self-Assessment Form. (Your supervisor fills this in and will need his or her University login.)
Codes of Practice, Charters, Regulations, Guidelines etc.
Some particular Current University Regulations
Regulations 6 Programmes of Study
- Regulations 7 Assessment, Progression and Award
Regulation 5.4 Intellectual Property
Code of Practice on Admission of Students
- Code of Practice on Plagiarism
- Guidance for Students on Plagiarism
- Code of Practice on Supervision and Monitoring Progress of Research Students
- Code of Practice on Leave of Absence Procedures
- Code of Practice on Split Location for Postgraduate Research Students
- Collaborative Provision Policy (or collaborative provision more generally)
- Code of Practice on Student Attendance and Reasonable Diligence
- Code of Practice on Assessment of Research Degree Theses
- Guidance to Students on Outside Employment
- Code of Practice on demonstrating (officially: on "the Teaching and Academic Support of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Students by Postgraduate Teaching Assistants and Undergraduates")
- University Complaints Procedure
- Code of Practice on Primary Appeals Procedure
- Code of Practice for Research
- Computing Policies and Procedures
- Guidance on Electronic Material and Copyright
- Data Protection Policy
- Health and Safety Guidance (generally no special issues in Computer Science research)
- Careers Centre
- Chaplaincy (St Francis' Hall multi-faith centre)
- EISU - English for International Students Unit
- Health and Safety Unit
- Housing Services
- International Students Advisory Service
IT Services and University Library
- The Main Library
- Nightline (confidential support and information service run by students)
- University Dental Practice
- University Medical Practice
- Counselling and Guidance Service
- Disability and Learning Support Service