Information for Students
- School of Computer Science ranks 7th in the Complete University Guide 2015
- 14-05-2014 – The School of Computer Science at the University of Birmingham has once again been placed as one of the top ten UK CS departments in the Complete University Guide 2015. We are currently 7th with a overall score of 91.8%, ranking highly for student satisfaction, research and graduate prospects. Find out more:
- Final Year Computer Science student wins UoB's IT Innovation Centre Student Mobile App Competition
- 14-05-2014 – Final Year Computer Science student Hayden Mills was the winner of the ‘Public Favourite' prize in the IT Innovation Centre 2014 Student Mobile App Competition at University of Birmingham. Open to all UG and PG UoB students, the aim of the competition was to create a mobile application that is innovative and of value to [...]
Important Key Documentation
Student Handbook and Frequently Asked Questions: The Student Handbook provides advice on many important subjects and will be of use to you throughout the academic year.
- Degree Programmes for 2014/15
- Modules for 2014/15
- Timetables for 2014/15
- Canvas VLE
- Key Dates
- Who does what in the School (and so who to contact)
- Meeting Room Availability - Students are welcome to use unbooked rooms for study purposes. Keys are available from the Teaching Support Office if the room is locked.
- Health & Safety
Information to help you during your studies
The majority of information can be found in the Student Handbook, if in doubt please use this as your starting point.
- Academic Advisor Lists
- Module Questionnaire Responses
- Module Registrations (updated nightly from the School database)
- Sending an e-mail to a member of staff? Read this Guide to E-mail Etiquette first.
- Overseas Students Page
- Staff/Student Consultative Committee
- CSS -- The Computer Science Society
- Introduction to BCS (PDF)
- Mathematical Support from the Mathematics Support Centre
- Assessment Information for 2014/15
- Exam Timetables
- Guidance Notes on Extenuating Circumstances
- Guidance Notes on Plagiarism
Code of Practice on Plagiarism (PDF)
- Past Examination Papers (The 2012 exam papers are not on the central server, but can be found locally as 2012 exam papers.
- University Regulations
- Projects Page for undergraduates
- Projects Page for all MSc programmes except the MSc in Advanced Computer Science
- Projects Page for the MSc in Advanced Computer Science
- Computer Support -- guide to the School's computing facilities
- Computer Science E-mail Lists
- Policies and Procedures for use of Computing Facilities