Studying: PhD in Computer Science Phone: +44 (0)121 41 Office: 134 Email: Click to reveal... Web: https://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~pje904
- How people use digital resources, such as documents, emails and calendar entries, to get things done - while building their personal skills and knowledge.
- The potential for a principled desktop design to reduce the impact on productivity from behaviours such as multi-tasking, interruptions, lack of organisation and procrastination.
- Goals and activities as an organizing principle to define useful collections of closely-related personal resources.
- Faceted search as a user interface for planning, choosing and reusing activities.
- Activity-based workspaces organised around people, events, places, tools and document roles.
- Software tools to support domain experts in extracting structured models from collections of unstructured text documents. Work in progress at Shubunq