Research Themes and Groups
Our research lies mainly within the following themes and their sub-themes. There is a Grouping of academics associated with each sub-theme, but the groupings have a lot of overlap, and there are no formal boundaries.
In addition to the research groupings pages listed below, we also have Research Blogs on our work.
Nature-Inspired and Intelligent Computation
(Including Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science)
- Natural Computation (incl. Evolutionary and Neural Computation)
- Machine Learning
- Medical Image Interpretation
- Language and Interaction
Theoretical Computer Science
- Centre of Excellence for Research in Computational Intelligence and Applications
- Centre for Computational Neuroscience and Cognitive Robotics
- Physical Sciences of Imaging in the Biomedical Sciences Doctoral Training Centre
- HCI Centre