Continuations are ubiquitous in many areas of Computer Science, ranging from classical logic to compiler construction. Recent applications include, for instance, continuation-passing style in typed assembly languages, structuring servlets and GUIs with continuations, and natural language semantics.
The 4th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Continuations (CW'04) aims to provide a forum for research on continuations and their applications. Previous Continuation workshops were held in conjunction with POPL'97 in Paris and with POPL'01 in London.
There will be a special issue of the journal Higher-Order and Symbolic Computation on Continuations.
Olivier Danvy has taken some pictures during the talks.
The proceedings of CW'04 have appeared as University of Birmingham Technical Report CSR-04-1. The papers are also available electronically from the Program page.
- Kent Dybvig (Indiana, US)
- Matthias Felleisen (Northeastern, US)
- Masahito Hasegawa (Kyoto, Japan)
- Suresh Jagannathan (Purdue, US)
- Jim Laird (Sussex, UK)
- Thomas Streicher (Darmstadt, Germany)
- Hayo Thielecke (Birmingham, UK)
Programme Committee Chair
- The venue for CW'04 was the Aula Magna "Silvio Trentin"
- 2nd ACM Workshop on Continuations (CW'97)
- 3rd ACM Workshop on Continuations (CW'01)
- Special issues of Higher-Order and Symbolic Computation for the last two Continuation Workshops:
Maintained by Hayo Thielecke