I am interested in supervising MSc and BSc projects
involving Online Learning, Ensembles of Learning Machines
and Evolutionary Algorithms. Feel free to send me an email
if you would like to do a project in one of these areas. A
description of student project topics can be found here.
Former MSc students:
- Richard Randall (completed in 2012). Project:
Population-based Algorithm Portfolios with Adaptive
- Lingbo Li (completed in 2012). Project: Software
Testing Using Particle Swarm Optimisation.
- Wei Zeng (completed in 2011). Project: Tracking
Recurring Concept Drift with Classifier Pruning
- Saud Alrshoud (completed in 2011). Project: Hybrid
Evolutionary Algorithms for Large Scale Optimisation.
Former BSc final year students:
- Ian Watson (completed in 2013). Project: Project
Scheduling Optimization Using Evolutionary Algorithms.
- Jason Bodley (completed in 2013). Project:
Evolutionary Music: An intelligent rhythm accompaniment
- Yukun Wang (completed in 2012). Project: Pattern
Design for Interactive Evolutionary System.
- Haibing Li (completed in 2011). Project: An
Interactive Evolutionary Computation System for Pattern
- Min Ma (completed in 2011). Project: Software Project
Management with GAs.
I was one of the lecturers of the module Introduction to Natural Computation in
the academic years 2011/2012 and 2012/2013.
In the past, I have been involved with teaching activities
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Java Programming
- C/C++ and Kernel Programming