I'm usually somewhere in Oslo.
Come and say hi!
School of Computer Science (Y9)
The University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
My doctoral research deals with the foundations of heterogeneous computations. Roughly speaking I am trying to find better ways to get different devices to collaboratively execute programs. Other interests include programming languages (especially of the statically typed, functional variety) and compiler construction.
- Krivine Nets: A semantic foundation for distributed execution. To appear in ICFP 2014. The 19th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Functional Programming, September 1-3, Göteborg, Sweden. With Dan R. Ghica. Download: Paper, or formalisation and implementation.
- Distributed call-by-value machines. Technical report, 2014. Download: Arxiv.
- Abstract machines for game semantics, revisited. In LICS 2013. Twenty-Eight Annual ACM/IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, June 25-28, 2013, New Orleans, USA. With Dan R. Ghica. Download: Extended abstract, full version, or slides.
- Seamless distributed computing from the Geometry of Interaction. TGC 2012. 7th International Symposium on Trustworthy Global Computing Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, 7-8 September 2012. With Dan R. Ghica. Download: Here.
I've received an MSc in Computer Science (2011) and a BSc in Computer Engineering (2010), both from Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Sweden. My MSc thesis was done together with Daniel Gustafsson and describes a new compiler backend for Agda. The compiler is now in the main Agda repository. Our supervisor was Ulf Norell.
I was previously a demonstrator for the following modules at the University of Birmingham:
Some other things that I have done that may be of interest:
- Grempa is an embedded domain-specific grammar language and parser generator library for Haskell created using a lot of magic. It allows the specification and generation of efficient parsers directly in Haskell.
- A few projects are on my Github page.
I previously worked as a programmer for
Blue Tea Games
and was involved in making the following games:
- Enlightenus 2 (2010)
- Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose (2010)
- Enlightenus (2009)
- Forgotten Lands: First Colony (2008)
- Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas (2008)
- Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess (2007)