PhD candidate, Computer Science, University of Birmingham, U.K., 2017 - expected 2020.
BEng Hons, Software Engineering, University of Sheffield, U.K., 2013-2016.
Foundation year, Science and Engineering, University of Sheffield International College, U.K., 2013.
My research interests are in Black-Box Optimisation, Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Intelligence. I am currently working on the class of model-based algorithms, i.e. Estimation of Distribution Algorithms, which iteratively update a probability distribution defined on a search space in order to optimise an objective function. The algorithm iteratively fits a probability distribution to a batch of elite individuals in the population using Maximum Likelihood.
(2019) Runtime Analysis of the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm under Low Selective Pressure and Prior Noise (with Per Kristian Lehre). Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2019), ACM, Prague, Czech Republic. (ACM | arXiv | pdf)
(2018) Level-Based Analysis of the Population-Based Incremental Learning Algorithm (with Per Kristian Lehre). Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN 2018), Springer, Coimbra, Portugal. (LNCS | arXiv | pdf)
(2018) Memetic Algorithms Beat Evolutionary Algorithms on Class of Hurdle Problems (with Dirk Sudholt). Proceedings of the 2018 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '18), ACM, Kyoto, Japan. (acm | arXiv | pdf)
(2017) Improved Runtime Bounds for the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm via Anti-Concentration (with Per Kristian Lehre), Proceedings of the 2017 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '17), ACM, Berlin, Germany. (acm | arXiv | pdf)
(2019) On the Time Complexity of the Population-Based Incremental Learning via DKW Inequality (with Per Kristian Lehre). Evolutionary Computation Journal, MIT.
(2019) Memetic Algorithms Outperform Evolutionary Algorithms in Multimodal Optimisation (with Dirk Sudholt). Artificial Intelligence Journal, Elsevier.
|Spring 2019||Team Project||University of Birmingham||Ian Kenny|
|Autumn 2018||Software Engineering 1||University of Birmingham||Morteza Azad|
|Autumn 2017||Neural Computation||University of Birmingham||Per Kristian Lehre|
|Academic year 2017-18||MSc/ICY Software Workshop||University of Birmingham||Manfred Kerber
Uday S Reddy
|Summer 2017||English for Academic Purposes (10 weeks)||Birmingham International Academy||Diana Quigley|
|Autumn 2016||Programming and Algorithms||University of Nottingham||Per Kristian Lehre
|Autumn 2016||Algorithms Correctness and Efficiency||University of Nottingham||B Logan
|Academic Year 15/16||Pure and Applied Mathematics||University of Sheffield International College||Florin Stan|
• (21 March 2019) My paper with Per Kristian has been accepted to publish at GECCO 2019.
• (Feb/Mar 2019) Reviewer for GECCO '19 (theory track) and CEC '19
• (8-13 Sept 2018) I attended the PPSN Conference in Coimbra, Portugal.
• (12-24 July 2018) I attended the GECCO'18 conference in Kyoto, Japan.
• (16 July 2018) our paper on UMDA with Per Kristian and Duc-Cuong has been accepted to publish in Algorithmica journal.
• (14 May 2018) My paper on PBIL with Per Kristian has been accepted for publication at PPSN 2018. The paper is now available in author-prepared manuscript
• (18 Apr 2018) My paper on MA with Dirk Sudholt is now available on arXiv.org.
• (04 Apr 2018) Reviewer for the PPSN 2018 conference, September 2018, Coimbra, Portugal.
• (22 Mar 2018) The paper with my former supervisor, Dr. Dirk Sudholt (from Sheffield), titled "MAs outperform EAs on Hurdle problems" has been acepted for GECCO 2018, Kyoto, Japan.
• (10 Feb 2018) Reviewer in the track Theory of the GECCO 2018 conference, 15-19 July, Kyoto, Japan.
• (02 Feb 2018) My paper for UMDA on OneMax is now available on arXiv.org
• (09 Oct 2017) I gave a talk on IGO to "mini" Evolutionary and Neural Computation seminar.
• (14/20-21 July 2017) I attended the SigEVO Summer School in Berlin, Germany.
• (15-19 July 2017) I attended the GECCO'17 conference in Berlin, Germany.
• (08 Jan 2017) I transferred my PhD study to the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
• (26 Sept 2016) I started my PhD study at the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
• (19 July 2016) I graduated from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.