PhD candidate, Computer Science, University of Birmingham, 2017 - expected 2020.
BEng Hons, Software Engineering, University of Sheffield, 2013-2016.
Foundation year, Science and Engineering, University of Sheffield International College, 2013.
My research interests are in Black-Box Optimisation, Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Intelligence. I am currently working on the class of model-based algorithms, i.e. Estimation of Distribution Algorithms, which iteratively update a probability distribution defined on a search space in order to optimise an objective function. The algorithm iteratively fits a probability distribution to a batch of elite individuals in the population using Maximum Likelihood.
(2018) Level-Based Analysis of the Population-Based Incremental Learning Algorithm (with Per Kristian Lehre). Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Parallel Problem Solving from Nature (PPSN 2018), Coimbra, Portugal. (LNCS | arXiv | pdf) (To appear)
(2018) Memetic Algorithms Beat Evolutionary Algorithms on Class of Hurdle Problems (with Dirk Sudholt). Proceedings of the 2018 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '18), Kyoto, Japan. (acm | arXiv | pdf
(2017) Improved Runtime Bounds for the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm via Anti-Concentration (with Per Kristian Lehre), Proceedings of the 2017 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '17), Berlin, Germany. (acm | arXiv | pdf)
|Summer 2018||English for Academic Purposes (09 weeks)||Birmingham International Academy||TBC|
|Autumn 2017||Neural Computation||University of Birmingham||Per Kristian Lehre|
|Academic year 2017-18||MSc/ICY Software Workshop||University of Birmingham||Manfred Kerber
Uday S Reddy
|Summer 2017||English for Academic Purposes (10 weeks)||Birmingham International Academy||Diana Quigley|
|Autumn 2016||Programming and Algorithms||University of Nottingham||Per Kristian Lehre
|Autumn 2016||Algorithms Correctness and Efficiency||University of Nottingham||B Logan
|Academic Year 15/16||Pure and Applied Mathematics||University of Sheffield International College||Florin Stan|
|June 26, 2017||Improved runtime bound for the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm via Anti-concentration (pdf)||AINC Seminar||School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham|
|July 18, 2017||Improved runtime bound for the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm via Anti-concentration (pdf)||Theory track||Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO'17), Berlin.|
|July 24, 2017||Improved runtime bound for the Univariate Marginal Distribution Algorithm via Anti-concentration (pdf)||Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield|
|October 09, 2017||Information Geometry Optimisation Algorithms (pdf)||School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham|
• (14 May 2018) My paper on PBIL with Per Kristian has been accepted for publication at PPSN 2018.
The paper is now available in author-prepared manuscript
• (18 Apr 2018) My paper on MA with Dirk Sudholt is now available on arXiv.org.
• (04 Apr 2018) Reviewer for the PPSN 2018 conference, September 2018, Coimbra, Portugal.
• (22 Mar 2018) The paper with my former supervisor, Dr. Dirk Sudholt (from Sheffield), titled "MAs outperform EAs on Hurdle problems" has been acepted for GECCO 2018, Kyoto, Japan.
• (10 Feb 2018) Reviewer in the track Theory of the GECCO 2018 conference, 15-19 July, Kyoto, Japan.
• (02 Feb 2018) My paper for UMDA on OneMax is now available on arXiv.org
• (09 Oct 2017) I gave a talk on IGO to "mini" Evolutionary and Neural Computation seminar.
• (14/20-21 July 2017) I attended the SigEVO Summer School in Berlin, Germany.
• (15-19 July 2017) I attended the GECCO'17 conference in Berlin, Germany.
• (08 Jan 2017) I transferred my PhD study to the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
• (26 Sept 2016) I started my PhD study at the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
• (19 July 2016) I graduated from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom.