Cryptography 2011 - Errata
- Handout 9, page 74: In the Miller-Rabin algorithm the third line should read:
if as ≠ 1 (mod n) then
- Handout 6, Exercise 14: The feedback function of L1 is incorrect and should be:
2 r1 + r5 + 2.
- Handout 5, Exercise 11: It should read "Compute 10 bits of the keystream,
the feedback bits and show the intermediate states of the register.
- Handout 4, Programming Exercise: In the MixColumns operation it should
read "Perform the transformation for i=0,1." instead of i=0,1,2.
- Solutions 3, Exercise 7a: The remainder in the last line of the division should have no leading
minus sign, but instead read 3x+3.
- Handout 3, page 25, point 30, Key Schedule of AES: Note that SubBytes is applied to the four 8
bit bytes of the 32 bit word T individually.
- Solutions 2, Exercise 6: The bit vectors are incorrect. However, the integer values are correct.
Please see the revised version of the solutions sheet on the webpage.
- Handout 2, page 13:
(iii) Compute the xor of the result with the old left half to be the new left half.
(iv) Swap the old right and new left half, unless we are in the last round,
where we do not swap.
- Handout 2, Exercise 6: It should say f(Ki,Ri-1).
School of Computer Science,
The University of Birmingham
Last modified: Sat Nov 5 13:35:56 GMT 2011