Important information for EU applicants
Following the outcome of the EU Referendum, we understand that many of our EU applicants will have questions and concerns. Birmingham has provided a list of Freqently Asked Questions, which will be updated as soon as further information becomes available. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll do our best to help.
The School of Computer Science is part of an exciting new University of Birmingham Dubai campus, that launched in the UAE in September, 2018. We are offering the BSc in Computer Science, both as a three year course and with an integrated Foundation Year, and applications are now open for 2019 entry!
Computer Science programmes in Birmingham, UK
We offer a variety of undergraduate degree programmes at our UK campus, in disciplines allied to computer science, software engineering, and artificial intelligence:
- BSc Computer Science
- MSci Computer Science
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
- MEng Computer Science and Software Engineering
- BSc Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership with PwC - New Programme
- BSc Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership with Vodafone - New Programme
- Physical Sciences Foundation Year
We recently re-designed our curriculum, based on student feedback. Please see here for more information.
Degrees in Computing and another subject
The University also offers a BSc/MSci Mathematics and Computer Science degree, hosted by the School of Mathematics:
- The BSc degrees are three year programmes
- The MEng/MSci degrees are four year programmes. An MEng/MSci is an integrated Masters level qualification that provides an alternative to the traditional BSc + MSc route.
- The BSc and MSci degrees in Computer Science are both available as a four year programme with a Year of Study Abroad
- All of our undergraduate degrees are available with a Year in Industry
- The school also offers an Year in Computer Science, which offers students the opportunity to take a one year break from their main degree programme to study a year in our School
Careers and Employability
Our School has strong local and national relationships with major industry players from the public and private sector, and 93% of our students go into graduate employment (DLHE Survey 2016/17). We have extensive student support services to help you refine your career options. We hold specialist careers fairs throughout the year and have a wide network of links that can help you to secure a year in industry, a placement and ultimately a graduate position. You can see what our graduates say here.
Undergraduate fees and finance
The tuition fees for 2019 entry have been set at:
£9,250 for UK/EU students
£21,180 for International students
Keep in touch
- School news and events
- Join our Applicant Facebook group and chat to current students and alumni about life and study in Computer Science at Birmingham