Module 06-02386 (2010)
|Ela Claridge||Semester 1||20 credits|
|Ela Claridge||Semester 2||20 credits|
Co-ordinator: Ela Claridge
Reviewer: Peter Tino
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow students to carry out a substantial task of their own choosing, in the area of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or Software Engineering
- allow the students to demonstrate their competence as computing professionals, and to apply what they have learnt in the other components of their degree programme
- facilitate independent work on a substantial individual project, including prioritisation of different components of the project, as well as prioritising the project as a whole against other work
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- carry out a substantial software or hardware development task, or a substantial piece of research in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or Software Engineering
- work independently and prioritise different components of the work; manage a large project effectively
- take decisions and justify them convincingly
- orally present work undertaken, and answer questions about it convincingly
- write a formal report, detailing work undertaken and conclusions reached
By arrangement with supervisor. Student work, supporting tutorials.
- Sessional: Demonstration/presentation and final report.
- Supplementary: None; the module may only be repeated.