Module 06-08165 (2010)
Software Workshop Team Java
|Errol Thompson||Semester 2||10 credits|
The aims of this module are to:
- provide experience of building a larger and more complex piece of software than is usual in the Software Workshop
- provide experience of working in a programming team
- integrate knowledge from other modules
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- design and implement a larger software project than undertaken previously
- document good software engineering practice
- work effectively in a team
18 hrs lectures/tutorials, 60 hrs practical sessions (mainly in the student's own time)
- Sessional: Continuous assessment (100%).
- Supplementary: Normally students who fail can be reassessed only by repeating. Nevertheless, students with marginal failures may be permitted to do additional work instead of being required to repeat the module.
The annual IBM University Team Challenge - supporting skills for the future in the UK's leading Universities. Through its UK University Relations programme, IBM supports degrees that develop the skills necessary to become an IT professional. - in particular, the communication, team working and problem solving skills that are essential for success. The University Team Challenge encourages team-working in 2nd year computer science projects and recognises winning teams from each university. Excellence in team-working is celebrated by an IBM manager who will present certificates to each winning team member and a cash award of £400 for each team to share.