Module 06-18157 (2010)
|Rami Bahsoon||Semester 2||10 credits|
Co-ordinator: Rami Bahsoon
Reviewer: Nick Blundell
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- introduce and analyse concepts and methods for building software systems using independently developed components
- provide exposure to current technologies for component-based software construction
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- describe and use principles for building software systems from components
- demonstrate knowledge of technologies and standards for distributed object-based components
- design component-based software systems using well-structured design methods
2 hrs lectures per week, plus non-timetabled practical work.
- Sessional: 1.5 hr examination (80%), continuous assessment (20%).
- Supplementary: By examination only with the continuous assessment mark carried forward.
- Introduction and overview
- Basic Component Concepts
- Modelling Objects and Components using UML 2.0
- Development Processes
- Component wiring standards
- Enterprise JavaBeans
- Component frameworks
- Developing J2EE applications: From requirements to code