Module 06-19009 (2010)
Individual Study 2
|John Barnden||Semester 1||10 credits|
|John Barnden||Semester 2||10 credits|
Co-ordinator: John Barnden
Reviewer: Ata Kaban
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- offer a module where students can study a specific topic from any area of Computer Science up to and including current research issues
- provide an opportunity to develop topics which were only touched upon in other modules
- lead to an appreciation of the methods of original research
- encourage a critical evaluation of original publications in the light of practical experience and subsequent developments
- improve students' communication and presentation skills
- improve students' abilities to set their own goals and pursue them according to their own timetable
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- demonstrate detailed understanding of a topic in Computer Science including current research in the area
- solve problems or engage in critical analysis of problems or issues related to a topic in Computer Science and relevant research literature
- give a presentation on a topic in Computer Science appropriate to an academic audience
- write a report on a topic in Computer Science in the appropriate style for an academic audience
Independent study, tutorials
- Sessional: 100% by continuous assessment.
- Supplementary: Repeat only.