Module 06-15500 (2011)
Software Design Study
|Andrew Howes||Semester 1||10 credits|
|Andrew Howes||Semester 2||20 credits|
Co-ordinator: Andrew Howes
Reviewer: Mark Lee
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- give the student practical experience of working as part of a team on a challenging software design task
- allow the student to demonstrate competence as software engineering professional, and to apply what has been learnt in the other components of his or her degree programme
- develop the research skills to find, evaluate and apply knowledge on topics that are completely new to the student
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- complete the design of a substantial piece of software to a professional standard, which may include the further development of prototype software
- work effectively and professionally in a team with full responsibility for the conduct and management of the project
- give an oral presentation of the work, together with a full written report
By arrangement with supervisor. Student work, supporting tutorials.
- Sessional: Continuous assessment (100%).
- Supplementary: None; the module may only be repeated.