Module 06-18157 (2011)
|Rami Bahsoon||Semester 2||10 credits|
Co-ordinator: Rami Bahsoon
Reviewer: Andrew Howes
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- introduce and analyse concepts and methods for building software systems using independently developed components
- provide exposure to current technologies for component-based software construction
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- describe and use principles for building software systems from components
- demonstrate knowledge of technologies and standards for distributed object-based components
- design component-based software systems using well-structured design methods
2 hrs lectures per week, plus non-timetabled practical work.
- Sessional: 1.5 hr examination (80%), continuous assessment (20%).
- Supplementary: By examination only with the continuous assessment mark carried forward.
- Introduction and overview
- Basic Component Concepts
- Modelling Objects and Components using UML
- Component-based Software Engineering: Processes and Lifecycle
- Software Architecture: Concepts, Evaluation, Environments and Advances
- Cloud Software Architectures
- Advanced Topics in Software Architecture and Cloud Software
- Engineering Research: Group Presentation and/or Case Studies