Module 06-18159 (2011)
Project (CompSci - MSc)
Level 4/M A
|Shan He||Semester 3||60 credits|
Co-ordinator: Shan He
Reviewer: Peter Tino
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow students to carry out a substantial task of their own choosing, in an area appropriate to their degree programme
- allow students to demonstrate their competence as computing professionals, and to apply what they have learnt in the other components of their degree programme
- facilitate independent work on a substantial individual software project, including background research and project management
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- carry out a substantial individual software-related task, including appropriate background research, demonstrating a professional approach
- work independently, prioritising different components of the work and managing a large project effectively
- present work undertaken both orally and in a formal project report, justifying decisions taken and evaluating outcomes
Students work independently with an appointed supervisor.
- Sessional: Demonstration, project report (used in combination with no fixed division of marks).
- Supplementary: None; the module may only be repeated.