Module 06-23900 (2011)
|Eike Ritter||Semester 2||20 credits|
Co-ordinator: Eike Ritter
Reviewer: Tom Chothia
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- introduce the basic terminology, concepts, and mechanisms of network security
- explain network threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks
- present security algorithms and protocols as countermeasures
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- explain network vulnerabilities and attacks
- explain and evaluate security mechanisms designed to address such attacks
- design networking security solutions appropriate for a given application and situation
2hr/week lectures, 1hr/week tutorials and lab sessions
- Sessional: 1.5 hr examination (60%), coursework (40%).
- Supplementary: 1.5 hr examination (100%).
- Anonymous Communications
- Intrusion Detection
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Computer Security