Module 06-24055 (2011)
Computer Science Industrial Placement
|Behzad Bordbar Mirco Musolesi||Semester 1||60 credits|
|Behzad Bordbar Mirco Musolesi||Semester 2||60 credits|
Co-ordinator: Mirco Musolesi
Reviewer: John Bullinaria
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of computing professionals within a company and the interactions that normally take place with other disciplines
- Apply technical knowledge in a commercial context at an appropriate level for the student's qualifications
- Demonstrate the standard of professional presentation and reporting skills required in industry and commerce
- Work as a computing professional in a commercial environment, demonstrating a professional and responsible attitude
- Work both independently and as an effective team member
Industrial placement year.
- Sessional: Report, Log-Book. No numerical mark is given. The module is assessed on a pass/fail basis.
- Supplementary: Report.
Programmes containing this module
- BEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science 
- BSc Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with Business Management with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Pure Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Pure Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year