Module 06-02637 (2012)
Project - Advanced MSc
|David Parker||Semester 3||60 credits|
Co-ordinator: David Parker
Reviewer: Peter Tino
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow the student to deepen their knowledge of an area of computing through individual, supervised study
- develop research skills appropriate to the student's chosen area of computing
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- define aims and objectives for a research project and propose feasible working plans to accomplish the work
- manage their project and their time
- search the literature of their topic in a systematic fashion
- demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- reach a level where they could work in their area of computing at a level appropriate to a first year research student or move into advanced work in industry
- 06-07953 - First semester mini-project
- 06-07954 - Second semester mini-project
Student work and supporting supervisions
- Sessional: Report, presentation or poster, and an optional project inspection at the request of the student and/or the assessors.
- Supplementary: None; the module may only be repeated.