Module 06-26257 (2013)
ICY Software Workshop One
|Manfred Kerber||Semester 1||20 credits|
Together with its companion module MSc Software Workshop 2, this module introduces and develops object oriented design and programming skills. It introduces the Java programming language as an example of an object oriented programming language and develops software development skills through Java.
The aims of this module are to:
- Introduce and develop object oriented design and programming skills.
- Introduce the Java programming language as an example of an object oriented programming language.
- Develop software development skills through Java.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
1 Demonstrate an understanding of types, classes, objects, methods, inheritance, and exceptions
2 Demonstrate an understanding of and use object oriented analysis and design processes
3 Demonstrate an understanding of recursion and the use of recursive data structures
4 Explain methods and techniques for program testing
- 06-26260 - MSc Software Workshop One
Lectures, tutorials and assisted Lab sessions
Contact Hours: 66
Sessional: 1.5 hr examination (80%), continuous assessment (20%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hr examination (100%)
- Java programming language
- Object Orientation, classes, objects
- Control structures
- JavaDoc, JUnit tests
- Inheritance, Abstract classes, Interfaces