Module 06-28214 (2015)
Designing Secure Systems
|Mark Ryan||Semester 1||10 credits|
This module will introduce the fundamental concepts involved in designing systems that are secure, with examples and counter-examples.
The aims of this module are to:
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Describe security design principles and technologies.
- Identify good and weak design decisions from a security standpoint in a range of applications.
- Propose good security solutions and evaluate solutions proposed by others.
- 06-20008 - Cryptography
- 06-28213 - Secure System Management
Lectures and tutorials
Sessional: Examination (100%)
Supplementary (where allowed): Examination (100%)
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Cyber Security [504B]