Module 06-28215 (2015)
Anonymity, Privacy and Cybercrime
|David Galindo||Semester 2||10 credits|
This module will describe to students what kinds of cyber-crime are most common. It will also look at how cyber-crime can be stopped and people can protect themselves. This will include privacy protection and anonymity systems.
The aims of this module are to:
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Describe approaches and technologies for malware detection and prevention.
- Identify privacy risks on proposed and existing systems.
- Propose solutions taking account both of security and privacy concerns.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cybercrime and appropriate responses.
2 hr lectures
Sessional: Examination (80%) Continuous Assessment (20%)
Supplementary (where allowed): Exam (100%)
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Cyber Security [504B]