Module 06-06997 (2016)
Project - Conversion MSc
Level 4/M C
|Shan He||Semester 3||60 credits|
Projects are normally undertaken individually with supervision from a member of the School's teaching staff. The projects are varied in their aims and cover most areas of Computer Science. Project allocation/selection normally takes place near Easter and may be chosen from a list of topics put forward by the School/Industry or be developed from the student's original idea. The project may be completed in industry in the form of a work placement.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow the student to carry out a substantial task of his or her own choosing, in the area of Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or Software Engineering
- allow the students to demonstrate their competence as computing professionals, and to apply what they have learnt in the other components of their degree programme
- facilitate independent work on a substantial project, including prioritisation of different components of the project
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- demonstrate the ability to successfully undertake a substantial software project
- 06-26956 - MSc Software Workshop
Students work independently with an appointed supervisor.
Contact Hours: About 10
Sessional: Dissertation (60 pages) and demonstration of the final system.
Supplementary (where allowed): None; the module can only be repeated.
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Computer Science