Module 06-02637 (2017)
Project - Advanced MSc
|Per Kristian Lehre||Semester 3||60 credits|
Each student undertakes a piece of research work that is expected to be based on a previously completed mini-project under the supervision of a research-active member of academic staff. Students should demonstrate an ability to define aims, objectives and plans; manage their project and time; use the results of systematic literature searches and communicate in writing and verbally. There is no requirement for the main project to include development of a program. The project may be completed in industry in the form of a work placement.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow the student to deepen their knowledge of an area of computing through individual, supervised study
- develop research skills appropriate to the student's chosen area of computing
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- define aims and objectives for a research project and propose feasible working plans to accomplish the work
- manage their project and their time
- search the literature of their topic in a systematic fashion
- demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- reach a level where they could work in their area of computing at a level appropriate to a first year research student or move into advanced work in industry
- 06-07954 - Second semester mini-project
- 06-06991 - Research Skills
Student work and supporting supervisions
Contact Hours: Variable
Sessional: Report, presentation or poster, and an optional project inspection at the request of the student and/or the assessors.
Supplementary (where allowed): None; the module may only be repeated.