Module 06-24055 (2017)
Computer Science Industrial Placement
|Ian Batten||Semester 1||60 credits|
|Ian Batten||Semester 2||60 credits|
The module allows the student to complete an industrial year.
The aims of this module are to:
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of computing professionals within a company and the interactions that normally take place with other disciplines
- Apply technical knowledge in a commercial context at an appropriate level for the student's qualifications
- Demonstrate the standard of professional presentation and reporting skills required in industry and commerce
- Work as a computing professional in a commercial environment, demonstrating a professional and responsible attitude
- Work both independently and as an effective team member
- Note 1 Only offered if there are students on an industrial placement.
- Note 2 A student who fails the Industrial Studies module will be permitted to transfer to the degree programme without the Year in Industry component.
Industrial placement year.
8 hours, consisting of processing the application and advice, two visits, evaluation.
Sessional: Report, Log-Book. No numerical mark is given. The module is assessed on a pass/fail basis.
Supplementary (where allowed): Report.
Programmes containing this module
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with Business Management with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year