Module 06-26260 (2017)
MSc Software Workshop 1
Level 4/M C
|Manfred Kerber||Semester 1||20 credits|
This module introduces and develops object oriented design and programming skills. It introduces the Java programming language as an example of an object oriented programming language and develops software development skills through Java.
The aims of this module are to:
- Introduce and develop object oriented design and programming skills.
- Introduce the Java programming language as an example of an object oriented programming language.
- Introduce types, classes, objects, methods, inheritance, and exceptions.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of types, classes, objects, methods, inheritance, and exceptions
- Demonstrate an understanding of and use object oriented analysis and design processes
- Demonstrate the use of object-oriented class libraries for building applications using GUI classe.
- Explain methods and techniques for program testing
- Explain the rationale for the use of object oriented programming and its limitations
- 06-21933 - Fundamentals Intro to Computer Science
- 06-26955 - ICY Software Workshop
- 06-26956 - MSc Software Workshop
Lectures, tutorials and assisted lab sessions
Contact Hours: 66
Sessional: 1.5 hr examination (75%), continuous assessment (25%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 1.5 hr examination (100%)
- Java programming language
- Object Orientation, classes, objects
- Control structures
- JavaDoc, JUnit tests
- Inheritance, Abstract classes, Interfaces
- GUI classes