Module 06-28216 (2018)
|Tom Chothia||Semester 2||10 credits|
This module will look at ways of assessing the security of computer software and hardware, for example websites, smart phone apps and other programs. It will introduce the students to methods and tools they can use to analyse systems with practical examples.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to find security vulnerabilities in a range of systems and software, (e.g. websites, phone apps, executables)
- Understand how vulnerabilities may be exploited by an attacker
- Be familiar with the most common tools that can be used for penetration testing
- Be able to present the results of a penetration test in the form of a report
- 06-20008 - Cryptography
2 hr lecture, 1hr tutorial/practical a week
Sessional: Continuous Assessment (100%).
Supplementary (where allowed): Replacement coursework set over the summer (100%).
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Cyber Security [504B]