Module 06-30017 (2018)
|David Galindo Christophe Petit||Semester 2||10 credits|
This module provides an understanding of modern cryptography, and this will be used to perform a rigorous study of contemporary cryptographic protocols.
The aims of this module are to:
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Acquaintance with cryptographic protocols used for tackling contemporary security problems;
- Demonstrate an understanding of current rigorous approaches for evaluating the security of cryptographic constructions;
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced mathematical underpinnings of cryptography;
- Identity limitations of formal security abstractions to capture real-world security protocols.
- 06-20008 - Cryptography
2 hr lectures
Sessional: 1.5hr Examination (80%), Continuous Assessment (20%).
Supplementary (where allowed): 2 hr Examination (100%)
Programmes containing this module
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering 
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
- MSc Advanced Computer Science 
- MSc Cyber Security [504B]
- MSci Computer Science 
- MSci Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Computer Science with Study Abroad