Module 06-30205 (2019)
Team Project AI
|Ian Kenny||Semester 2||20 credits|
Large software projects require the combined effort of a team of skilled developers. In this module students will learn the basics of teamwork in the context of developing a large AI-themed programming project. Students work in teams to design, implement and document the code. Students are expected to use state-of-the-art AI programming, observe good software engineering practice, and work effectively in a team. Students will use industry-standard approaches such as continuous integration.
The aims of this module are to:
- provide experience of building a large and complex piece of software
- provide experience of working in a programming team
- integrate knowledge from other modules
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Design and implement a large software project
- Use good software engineering practices in a project
- Demonstrate teamwork and leadership.
- Use state-of-the-art AI algorithmics
- 06-30197 - Software Engineering
- 06-26263 - Team Project
Lectures, tutorials and team meetings
Contact Hours: Total: 200 hours, Lecture 22 hours, Tutorial 22 hours, Guided independent study 156 hours.
Assessments: Continuous Assessment (100%) Reassessment: By repeat only. Marginal failures may be permitted to do additional work instead. Marginal failures determined by Exam Board.