Module 06-24055 (2020)
Computer Science Industrial Placement
|Mohammed Bahja||Semester 1||60 credits|
|Mohammed Bahja||Semester 2||60 credits|
The module allows the student to complete an industrial year.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of computing professionals within a company and the interactions that normally take place with other disciplines
- Apply technical knowledge in a commercial context at an appropriate level for the student's qualifications
- Demonstrate the standard of professional presentation and reporting skills required in industry and commerce
- Work as a computing professional in a commercial environment, demonstrating a professional and responsible attitude
- Work both independently and as an effective team member
- Note 1 Only offered if there are students on an industrial placement.
- Note 2 A student who fails the Industrial Studies module will be permitted to transfer to the degree programme without the Year in Industry component.
Main assessment: Report, Log-Book. No numerical mark is given. The module is assessed on a pass/fail basis.
Re-assessment (Where permitted): Report (100%).
Programmes containing this module
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership (PwC) [610C]
- BSc Computer Science with Digital Technology Partnership (Vodafone) [893C]
- BSc Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year