Module 06-34157 (2020)
Software Workshop 2
|Martin Escardo Anis Zarrad Brian Mitchell Jacqueline Chetty||Semester 2||20 credits|
Co-ordinator: Martin Escardo
Reviewer: Anis Zarrad
The Module Description is a strict subset of this Syllabus Page.
This module will develop advanced object-oriented software development skills. Students will learn how to work with complex data structures and algorithms (including those that are recursive) and will learn how to build programs with components that run concurrently and over networks. In addition, the students will work in teams to build a substantial piece of software from specification through analysis and design to implementation.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Explain and apply advanced programming language concepts including generic classes, interfaces and abstract classes.
- Explain and apply recursion and recursive data structures
- Use object-oriented class libraries for building applications.
- Develop software systems from specification through design, implementation, and documentation.
- Develop and use test plans
- 06-34153 - Software Workshop 1
- Main Assessments: Continuous assessment (100%)
- Supplementary Assessments: Continuous assessment (100%) over the Summer Period
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Computer Science