Module 06-25021 (2022)
|Mohan Sridharan Masoumeh Mansouri||Semester 2||20 credits|
This module is concerned with robot planning and control in a physical world. We will introduce the concepts and tools for modelling, simulating, and controlling robots with respect to dynamics. In a series of lectures we will study the fundamental and advanced techniques for controlling a robot in a real environment l. Lab exercises will reinforce learned concepts by means of evaluation on a (real/simulated) physical robot.
The aims of this module are to:
- give an appreciation of the issues that arise when controlling dynamic robots, such as manipulators
- provide an understanding of the methods and techniques used to model and control dynamic robots
- give hands on experience for designing, implementing and testing motion controllers
- encourage independent thought on scientific issues related to robot motion and control
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Develop and formulate models of a robot moving in a real environment.
- Implement algorithms for solving robot planning or control problems.
- Investigate and analyse control methods for robot motion (on a simulator or real robot).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main methods of modelling and controlling robots in real environments.
- Main Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (80%) and continuous assessment (20%)
- Supplementary Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (100%)
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Robotics