Module 06-25097 (2022)
Project - Robotics MSc
|Hyung Jin Chang||Semester 3||60 credits|
This module enables the student to demonstrate professional competence in a substantial robotics-related task and to apply material learned in other components of the degree programme. Projects are chosen from staff suggestions or are developed from the student's original idea. The project may be completed in industry in the form of a work placement under the lead supervision of an academic member of staff from the School.
The aims of this module are to:
- allow students to carry out a substantial task of their own choosing, in an area appropriate to their degree programme
- allow students to demonstrate their competence as computing professionals, and to apply what they have learnt in the other components of their degree programme
- facilitate independent work on a substantial individual robotics project, including background research and project management
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Carry out a substantial individual robotics-related task, including appropriate background research, demonstrating a professional approach
- Work independently, prioritising different components of the work and managing a large project effectively
- Present work undertaken both orally and in a formal project report, justifying decisions taken and evaluating outcomes
- Sessional: Demonstration, project report (marks are given in accordance with the School's project assessment guidance).
- Supplementary (where allowed): None; the module may only be repeated.
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Robotics