Module 06-32254 (2022)
Level 4/M C
|Jinming Duan Alexander Krull||Semester 2||20 credits|
Visualising data effectively is important for both presentation and also for gaining insight and intuition into its structure. This can be challenging when the number of data points is large, and especially when it is high dimensional. In this module students will study techniques for visualising complex datasets, including best practice for visual display, dimensionality reduction techniques, and tools for visualisation.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Understand, explain, and apply techniques for visualising high-dimensional data
- Effectively use a range of tools for data visualisation
- Present effective visualisations of complex datasets using established best practice.
- Main Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (80%) and continuous assessment (20%)
- Supplementary Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (100%)