Module 06-34244 (2022)
Designing and Managing Secure Systems
|Tom Chothia Ian Batten Mihai Ordean||Semester 1||20 credits|
The course will cover the fundamental concepts underpinning the design and management of secure systems. Assets, threats, risk analysis and adversarial thinking will be considered, and security management standard such as ISO 27001 will be introduced.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Describe security design principles and technologies.
- Identify good and weak design decisions from a security standpoint in a range of applications.
- Propose and evaluate security solutions
- Assess the operation of an information system, conduct a risk assessment, and produce a risk treatment plan which reduces, mitigates or otherwise deals with those risks to the information.
- Contribute to and operate an integrated security management system in the terms of ISO 27001 or similar standards.
- Main Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (80%) and continuous assessment (20%)
- Supplementary Assessments: 1.5 hour examination (100%)
Programmes containing this module
- MSc Cyber Security [504B]