Module 06-34568 (2022)
Research Topics in HCI
|Russell Beale Andrew Howes||Semester 2||20 credits|
This module supports students in studying current research within the HCI discipline. Several themes will be led by the different academic staff involved. Students will be given an initial set of key papers and guided in their research and analysis of the area selected. Each student will deliver a report on their analysis of the current state of the art in their area and also be expected to highlight open research questions and potential methods of approach. They will also present this work orally to the group.
On successful completion of this module, the student should be able to:
- Undertake a review of the literature and develop a critical analysis of current research.
- Identify open research questions and point to potential ways to pursue their investigation
- Make effective scientific presentations to colleagues, both orally and through written reports.
- Main Assessments: Continuous assessment (100%)
- Supplementary Assessments: Continuous assessment (100%) over the Summer period