MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering - 2011
|Programme Title||Computer Science/Software Engineering|
|School/Department||School of Computer Science|
|Length of Programme||4 years|
|Awarding Institution||The University of Birmingham|
|Designed for accreditation by||IET (IEEE)||BCS|
|QAA Benchmarking Groups||Computing|
Educational Aims Of Programme
- Flexibility to change programmes after the first year, e.g. to the BSc in Computer Science, or to transfer to the BEng degree of the same name after the second year.
- A solid foundation for advanced study in computing/IT, producing graduates who are self-motivating and are able to take responsibility for their continuing personal and professional development
- An accredited degree satisfying the academic requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
Programme Outcomes and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategies
Knowledge and Understanding
- Current problems and issues at the forefront of Computing/software engineering, including an awareness of emerging technology.
Skills & Other Attributes
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply areas of current research and advanced scholarship in Computing/software engineering.
- The ability to construct high quality computer-based systems in a professional manner, based on a thorough understanding of design processes and methodologies and of their contexts.