MSc Internet Software Systems - 2012
|Programme Title||Internet Software Systems|
|School/Department||School of Computer Science|
|Length of Programme||1 years|
|Awarding Institution||The University of Birmingham|
|QAA Benchmarking Groups||Computing|
Educational Aims Of Programme
- Allow students to obtain knowledge and expertise for building software systems that operate on the Internet.
- Provide exposure to and experience with technologies and standards for building such software.
- Provide a solid foundation for graduates to pursue a research and development oriented career in industry or to pursue further studies (e.g. towards a PhD).
Programme Outcomes and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategies
Knowledge and Understanding
- The essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to software systems operating on the Internet.
- Appropriate theory, practices and tools for the design, implementation and evaluation of Internet-based software systems.
Skills & Other Attributes
- The ability to specify, design and construct Internet-based software systems, using appropriate tools, and to document all stages of this process.
- The ability to evaluate Internet-based software systems in relation to a given information handling problem.
- It is not intended to admit students to PGCert and PGDip programmes, although these qualifications will be available to students who have met the minimum requirements given in University Regulations.