MRes Natural Computation - 2012
|Programme Title||Natural Computation|
|School/Department||School of Computer Science|
|Length of Programme||1 years|
|Awarding Institution||The University of Birmingham|
|QAA Benchmarking Groups||Computing|
Educational Aims Of Programme
- Allow students to obtain knowledge and expertise to evaluate, design and build secure computer systems.
- Provide exposure to and experience with technologies and standards for such systems.
- Provide a solid foundation for graduates to pursue a career in the software industry or research.
Programme Outcomes and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategies
Knowledge and Understanding
- The essential facts, concepts, principles and theories relating to computer security.
- Appropriate theory, practices and tools for the design, implementation and evaluation of secure computer systems.
Skills & Other Attributes
- The ability to apply the knowledge and understanding noted above to the analysis of a given information handling problem.
- The ability to specify, design and construct secure computer systems, using appropriate tools, and to document all stages of this process.
- The ability to evaluate internet-based software systems in relation to given computer security requirements.
- It is not intended to admit students to PGCert and PGDip programmes, although these qualifications will be available to students who have met the minimum requirements given in University Regulations. Outcome B4 does not apply to students awarded a PGCert or PGDip without completion of the MSc project.