BSc Pure Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year - 2012
|Programme Title||Pure Mathematics and Computer Science with an Industrial Year|
|School/Department||School of Computer Science|
|Length of Programme||4 years|
|Awarding Institution||The University of Birmingham|
|Designed for accreditation by
|QAA Benchmarking Groups||Computing|
Educational Aims Of Programme
Programme Outcomes and Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategies
Knowledge and Understanding
- Key mathematical concepts and topics
- How mathematics can be used to analyse and solve problems including those at an abstract level
- Essential concepts, principles and theories relating to Computing
- How the Computer Science theory is related to modelling and design of computer-based systems
- The role of rigorous mathematical proofs in analysing computer-based systems
Skills & Other Attributes
- To abstract the essentials of problems and formulate them mathematically and in a symbolic form.
- To select and apply appropriate mathematical methods to solve problems including those at an abstract level
- To be able to construct and develop logical mathematical arguments with clear identification of assumptions and conclusions
- To present arguments and conclusions clearly and accurately.
- To specify, design and construct computer-based systems.
- To use rigorous mathematical argument analysing or solving problems related to computer-based systems.