MSc Cyber Security [504B]
Compulsory Modules to a total of 120 credits
|06-28215||Anonymity, Privacy and Cybercrime||-||10||-|
|06-28214||Designing Secure Systems||10||-||-|
|06-18159||Project (CompSci - MSc)||-||-||60|
|06-28213||Secure System Management||10||-||-|
Optional Modules to a total of 0 credits
|06-15255||Compilers & Languages (Extended)||10||-||-|
|06-28206||Computer-Aided Verification (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-26946||Enterprise Systems (Extended)||-||20||-|
|06-28217||Hardware and Embedded Systems Security||-||10||-|
|06-28210||Incident Management and Forensics||10||-||-|
|06-19009||Individual Study 2||10||10||-|
|06-20233||Intelligent Data Analysis (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-25689||Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing (Extended)||-||20||-|
|06-26952||Operating Systems (Extended)||20||-||-|
|06-27822||Security Research Seminar||-||10||-|
- The Learning & Teaching and Assessment Methods above are not intended to be exclusive, but to indicate the main methods in use. Module Descriptions contain more detail.
- Not all options may be available in any particular year. Some option combinations are only available if the timetable permits. As students may have to make preliminary option choices before timetables are available, changes may be needed later if there are clashes. In selecting options, students need to pay attention to pre- and co-requisites.
- Students' individual programmes of study must be approved by the Programme Director (as the nominee of the Head of School).
- Project topics must be on a cyber security topic and will require approval by the Programme Director as being appropriate to the Aims and Learning Outcomes of the programme.
- It is not intended to admit students to PGCert and PGDip programmes, although these qualifications will be available to students who have met the minimum requirements given in University Regulations. Outcome B4 does not apply to students awarded a PGCert or PGDip without completion of the MSc project.