MSc Advanced Computer Science 
Optional Modules to a total of 120 credits
|06-27819||Advanced Aspects of Nature Inspired Search and Optimisation (Extended)||-||20||-|
|06-25020||Advanced Human Computer Interaction||10||-||-|
|06-26942||Advanced Topics in Functional Programming Extended||-||10||-|
|06-15255||Compilers & Languages (Extended)||10||-||-|
|06-28206||Computer-Aided Verification (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-26944||Distributed and Parallel Computing (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-23856||Evaluation Methods and Statistics||10||-||-|
|06-19009||Individual Study 2||10||10||-|
|06-20233||Intelligent Data Analysis (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-15267||Intelligent Robotics (Extended)||20||-||-|
|06-21253||Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction||10||-||-|
|06-12412||Introduction to Neural Computation||10||-||-|
|06-20236||Machine Learning (Extended)||10||-||-|
|06-25689||Mobile & Ubiquitous Computing (Extended)||-||20||-|
|06-28211||Nature Inspired Search and Optimisation (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-29637||Network Security (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-26952||Operating Systems (Extended)||20||-||-|
|06-26954||Principles of Programming Languages (Extended)||-||10||-|
|06-25022||Research Topics in HCI||-||10||-|
|06-07954||Second semester mini-project||-||30||-|
|06-27822||Security Research Seminar||-||10||-|
Optional Modules to a total of 60 credits
|06-18159||Project (CompSci - MSc)||-||-||60|
|06-02637||Project - Advanced MSc||-||-||60|
- Optional Modules: Not all options may be available in any particular year. Some option combinations are only available if the timetable permits. As students may have to make preliminary option choices before timetables are available, changes may be needed later if there are clashes. In selecting options, students need to pay attention to pre- and co-requisites.
- Mini-Project: Students who want to do a mini-project (module 07954) and/or take the Project - Advanced MSc (module 02637) must take the Research Skills module (module 06991) and give a presentation on their research plan, which must be approved.
- Programme Approval: Students' individual programmes of study must be approved by the Programme Director (as the nominee of the Head of School).
- Project: Project topics must be approved by the Programme Director as being appropriate to the Aims and Learning Outcomes of the programme.
- Project: Students must pass the Research Skills module (06991) and the mini-project module (07954) before being allowed to proceed to Project - Advanced MSc (06-02637).
- Please note: The modules listed on the website for this programme are regularly reviewed to ensure they are up-to-date and informed by the latest research and teaching methods. Unless indicated otherwise, the modules listed for this programme are for students starting in 2017. We aim to publish any changes to compulsory modules and programme structure for 2018 entry by 1 September 2017 and recommend you refer back to this page shortly after that date for any changes. On rare occasions, we may need to make unexpected changes to compulsory modules after that date; in this event we will contact offer holders as soon as possible to inform or consult them as appropriate.