MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering with an Industrial Year 
Compulsory Modules to a total of 120 credits
||Artificial Intelligence 1
||Data Structures & Algorithms
||Full Stack Application Development
||Mathematical and Logical Foundations of Computer Science
||Object Oriented Programming
||Theories of Computation
- Programme Year Requirements: Students without Grade A in A Level Computing, who will be required to take a 40-credit Fundamentals of Programming in Java module in Year 1, in place of our 20-credit Programming in Java module and the 20 credits of Widening Horizons Modules available.
- Module Failure: The Syllabus web page for every module defines the resit rules if they are different from the first attempt -- follow the links under the module code.
- Language Modules: Language modules (at Level 2 or above) may only be chosen in order to continue study of a language successfully passed in Year 1. Language modules (at Level 3 or above) may only be chosen in order to continue study of a language successfully passed in Year 2.
- Progress Decisions: Please refer to Section 7 of the University Regulations for further information on assessment, progression and awards. Students on the MSci programme must have acquired at least 100 credits in Year 2, at least 220 credits altogether, and an average of at least 55% in Year 2 modules in order to be eligible for progression to Year 3 of the MSci programme.
- Optional Modules: Not all options may be available in any particular year. Some option combinations are only available if the timetable permits. As students may have to make preliminary option choices before timetables are available, changes may be needed later if there are clashes. In selecting options, students are responsible for checking pre-requisite and co-requisite information requirements.
- Optional Modules (MSci/MEng): Students on this degree should note when choosing options that some topics may be studied either in the third year or in the fourth year but not both. Hence it is important to plan option choices across both years. Module descriptions for each module list the prohibited combinations.
- Degree Classification: Refer to the University Regulations for further information on the general rules governing degree classification.
- Accreditation: Whether to award accreditation is a decision made from time to time by a professional body according to criteria which are then current; hence there is no guarantee that the programme will actually be accredited for any particular year of entry by any particular professional body.
- Industrial Year: In order to proceed to Year 3 (the industrial year), students must: - Not have any modules to repeat during the year. If they have resit examinations, they must arrange for time off to take these. - Have found a company willing to provide a placement which meets the School's requirements, which include providing an Industrial Tutor. The placement must involve a component of skills training (approximately 40%) and technical project work (approximately 60%). The skills training can include formal taught and/or self-study courses and apprenticeship style learning "on the job". The training and project work must be of a technical nature relevant to the degree programme. The project work will most typically involve programming but other types of project work are acceptable. Students who do not meet the academic requirements or cannot find a suitable industrial placement will transfer to the degree programme without the Year in Industry component. See also the web page for Programmes with an Industrial Year.
Programmes that share this year:
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science 
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Artificial Intelligence & Computer Science with Study Abroad [452B]
- BSc Computer Science 
- MSci Computer Science 
- MEng Computer Science/Software Engineering 
- BSc Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- MSci Computer Science with an Industrial Year 
- BSc Computer Science with Study Abroad 
- MSci Computer Science with Study Abroad