- Ela Claridge: Medical Image Analysis
- Iain Styles: Medical Image Analysis
- Hamid Dehghani: Optical Imaging and Medical Image Analysis
- Jon Rowe: Evolutionary methods as applied to image interpretation
- Yuan Shen: Development of inversion algorithms for recovering histological parameters from multi-spectral retinal images. My researche interests are machine learning methods for statistical signal processing & modelling, with application to biomedical image analysis.
Current Research Students
Hector Basevi, James Brown: Development of a statistical shape model of the murine hind limb for the purpose of analysing bone destruction in models of rheumatoid arthritis. My research interests include statistical shape modelling, novel algorithms for image registration and computer-assisted surgery.
James Guggenheim, Andrew Palmer, Xue Wu, Yuxuan Zhan: Development of a model-based approach to better understand and improve the imaging performance of high-density diffuse optical tomography of human brain function, which provides an portable, non-invasive and more cost-efficient mean of imaging event-related hemodynamic change in the cerebral cortex.
Former Group Members
- Mark O'Dwyer: Physics-based image interpretation
- Antonio Calcagni: Physics-based image interpretation to aid the detection of early signs of retinopathies
- Ahmet Orun: Image analysis based on an optical model of the skin for detection of early signs of melanoma
- Stephen Preece: Medical image interpretation based on image formation models
- Keith Marlow: Collagen patterns as a predictor in skin lesion diagnosis
- Dzena Hidovic: A physics based model of colouration for early detection of colon cancer (PhD completed Winter 2006)
- Ben Aribisala: Computing irregularity for features in medical images (PhD completed Winter 2006)
- Mark Roberts: An exploration of naturally inspired techniques for computing perceptual closure (PhD completed Summer 2005)
- Felipe Orihuela Espina: Interpretation of fundus images using physics-based models (PhD completed Summer 2005)
- Marcos Quintana: Genetic programming applied to morphological image processing (PhD completed Summer 2004)
- Mutawarra Hussain: Registration of cerebral sulci (PhD completed Summer 1999)
- Symon Cotton: A non-invasive system for assisting in the diagnosis of malignant melanoma (PhD completed Spring 1998)
- Jon Morris Smith: Characterisation of visual features in skin lesions (PhD completed Summer1998)
- Alison Todman: Low-level boundary grouping mechanisms for contour completion (PhD completed Spring 1998)