Software Engineering for Emerging Paradigms theme: Cloud, Services, Microservices, Blockchain and IoT
Since the early inception of cloud computing, we were among the first to conduct reserach in software engineering in/for the cloud, self-adaptive and managed cloud architectures, software architecture for cloud and Bigdata, cloud elasticity and auto-scaling, microservices and IoT.
Highlight of Current PhD projects:
- Carlos Joseph Mera Gomez, working on Technical Debt Models for Elastic Cloud
- Sara Hassan, working on Microservices Architectures
- Mashael AlBarak, working on Technical Debt in Databases
- Satish Kumar, working on Multitenant Service Composition and Technical Debt
- Maria Salama, working on Self-adaptive Architectural Stability
- Alexandros Evangelidis, working on Verfification in the cloud
- Dalia Sobhy, working on Architecting for uncertainty with application to IoT
- Francisco Ramirez, working on Testing Microservices
- Paola Yanez, working on IoT and Blockchain
- Software Engineering IN and For the Cloud Research Interest Group, the group founded The IEEE International Workshop Series on Software Engineering In/For Cloud 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017; led the organisation of the IEEE Services 2016 Emerging Track: Big Data Software Engineering for Cloud, Edge Computing and Mobility, 2016 and 2017, had developed the University of Birmingham MSc Level. Research Seminar 10 Credits (100%) on Advances in Software Engineering: Software Engineering IN and FOR the Cloud
For publictaion information, visit Dr Rami Bahsoon publication page.